Newborn Photography Training
Are you looking to begin or improve your skills in the world of newborn photography?
You've come to the right place.
Due to Covid-19 we are only scheduling training on a 1:1 basis in order to comply with the current restrictions.
Eligibility for newborn training with Amplified Education;
- You must be located outside of a 50mile radius of the studio (CF37 4UF), as a non-compete contract must be signed prior to training.
- You must own a dSLR and 50mm lens minimum.
- Basic knowledge of manual camera settings.
Our newborn photography training covers;
- Client preparation/consultations
- Newborn safety and basic anatomy/newborn ailments
- How to settle babies effectively for their photo shoot
- Posing a baby safely, and comfortably
- Posing workflow
- Set up design
- Camera settings and lighting
- Taking the best photographs of newborns
- Culling for viewing
- Basic post-processing
Additionally, we will provide on going support after your training and a portfolio review at a later date to check in on your progress.
Our training takes place at our studio in the heart of South Wales - 20 minutes outside of Cardiff.
1:1 Training (1 day) - £650
1:1 Training (2 days) - £1000
Meet the trainers
Jordan Gillard BA(hons) AMPA ASWPP QGNBP
Jordan is an international multi award winning newborn photographer, having won several awards for his work with the Master Photographers Association, RISE and the SWPP.
More details on his awards can be found here.
Jordan has completed several qualifications in photography and specifically newborn photography, including a BA(hons) degree in Photography, an associateship in portraiture with a panel of newborn images with the SWPP and he was the first in Wales to be awarded is associateship in newborn portraiture with the Master Photographers Association (4th in the UK).
Jordan has been a specialist newborn and baby photographer since 2013 and is passionate about traditional photography and education.
Sally Gillard CertHE, LLB(hons)
In addition to her expertise in business, Sally works alongside Jordan in the studio assisting on newborn sessions.
Sally is known by their clients as the baby whisperer, and is an expert in safely posing and settling newborn babies.